DIRECTOR OF CORPORATE DEVELOPMENT - $200,000+ (Silicon Valley / Palo Alto / San Francisco)
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Full-time or Part-time (flexible) Director of Corporate Development to help us in the exits, rounds, partnerships, licensing, and in organizing activities like demo days across our portfolio. This is an exceptional opportunity with significant equity, income and participation in exits for a well connected executive with Corporate Development experience seeking an add-on to their existing engagements or that wishes a flexible schedule based on their available time.
CEO Ventures (www.ceoventures.com) is one of the top angel and tech launch companies in the Southeast US but we currently do not have representation in Silicon Valley. We will be placing or moving many of our newly funded tech launches as we think they have a better chance of attracting capital, growing and successfully exiting if the build-out of the core teams is done in or near Silicon Valley.
Newest Examples in Our Portfolio
- GoPresent.com World's first truly Zero plugin (not even Flash) webconference system, so it is more reliable, truly instant, and even works on iPhones/iPads without plugins. We just finished optimizing it for sales team presentations to maximize subscription revenue.
- PlugMeIn.com Go to any web site and PlugMeIn instantly reveals all executives at that company along with their emails and full contact info. It also works in LinkedIn (goodbye to unreliable InMails), GMail/webmail, and Outlook plus full CRM integration (like Jigsaw meets Xobni meets Rapportive in one).
- TeamEx.com Enterprise and business team social network system but with strategy, goals, and reporting baked in to keep it focused (like SuccessFactors meets Jive, Spigit, and Yammer).
- VisitorLeads.com Auto-identifies business site visitors who don’t register or identify themselves (99% of visitors) for better follow-up. Like demandBase or LeadLander but with far more powerful tools such as a timed AutoResponder series to the visitors, AutoActions such as notifying the right rep of the visit, AutoRedirection of visitors to more relevant site pages, AutoRelaying to the company’s CRM and more.
- Meet with potential acquirers where new product lines would be strategic to them.
- Assist our portfolio Presidents in raising angel, venture & strategic capital to grow.
- Assist CEO Ventures in raising its next angel tech fund.
- Create key distribution partnerships, alliances and licensing to drive revenue.
- Invite/confirm ideal executives to each portfolio company’s advisory board.
- Help plan/moderate demo days featuring key/new companies in our portfolio.
- Substantial direct experience in the responsibilities above.
- Highly connected in and around Silicon Valley.
- Leadership personality with strong oral and presentation skills.
This is a heavy upside compensation plan so only successful executives with lasting power should apply (would be wholly inappropriate for those with lower success who need an immediate base salary to apply so please do not). The compensation plan* is split among three (3) components as follows at plan:
a) One (1) exit yearly for a success fee/split of around $200K in cash yearly.
b) Two (2) fundings yearly for shares around $50K/per so $100K in stock yearly.
c) Two (2) key partnerships yearly for a split of around $100K in cash yearly. (So at plan a total of around $400K/year ($300K in cash, $100K in stock).
*The above is not a compensation offer, all aspects of the compensation plan will be governed by the actual written compensation and shareholder agreements.
Silicon Valley / Palo Alto / San Francisco.
Send your resume in confidence to: hr [at] ceoventures.com (no calls please).