CO-FOUNDER & PRESIDENT - $200,000+ (Silicon Valley / Palo Alto / San Francisco)
We are seeking an exceptional Co-Founder & President to jumpstart one of our new companies we are ready to launch. This is a true career opportunity with significant equity, income and upward advancement.
CEO Ventures (www.ceoventures.com) is one of the top angel and tech launch companies in the Southeast US but we currently do not have representation in Silicon Valley. We believe that the tech launches we build have a better chance of attracting capital, growing and successfully exiting if the President and eventual build-out of the core team is done in or near Silicon Valley. We are seeking Co-Founder Presidents for the following startups which are ready for launch:
- GoPresent.com World's first truly Zero plugin (not even Flash) webconference system, so it is more reliable, truly instant, and even works on iPhones/iPads without plugins. We just finished optimizing it for sales team presentations to maximize subscription revenue.
- PlugMeIn.com Go to any web site and PlugMeIn instantly reveals all executives at that company along with their emails and full contact info. It also works in LinkedIn (goodbye to unreliable InMails), GMail/webmail, and Outlook plus full CRM integration (like Jigsaw meets Xobni meets Rapportive in one).
- TeamEx.com Enterprise and business team social network system but with strategy, goals, and reporting baked in to keep it focused (like SuccessFactors meets Jive, Spigit, and Yammer).
- VisitorLeads.com Auto-identifies business site visitors who don’t register or identify themselves (99% of visitors) for better follow-up. Like demandBase or LeadLander but with far more powerful tools such as a timed AutoResponder series to the visitors, AutoActions such as notifying the right rep of the visit, AutoRedirection of visitors to more relevant site pages, AutoRelaying to the company’s CRM and more.
- Raising angel and venture capital to grow the business.
- Creating key distribution and sales partnerships to drive revenue.
- Directly selling to key accounts for initial revenue.
- Presenting in startup and other contests to build exposure.
- Once initial sales targets reached, hire a sales team to drive revenue further.
- Once ready to be self-reliant, hiring of support, product planning, IT and HR staff.
- Substantial direct experience leading product launches or growth, either in marketing, business development, sales management, or a founding leader.
- Strong team building and management experience.
- Deep knowledge of tech startups or one of the spaces/company sectors described above.
- Leadership personality with strong oral and presentation skills.
This is a heavy upside compensation plan so only successful executives and entrepreneurs with lasting power should apply (would be wholly inappropriate for those with little success living between paychecks who need an immediate base salary to apply so please do not). We are targeting the Co-Founding President to own about 25% of the company at the three year mark with vesting accelerators based on key benchmarks. The compensation plan* is split among five (5) components as follows:
1. Share of Revenue. 25% of own net sales and 10% of your reps’ net sales in the first year and scaling down as revenue grows to not exceed $300K/year.
2. Stock Earn-In. 8% of current shares per year with a target of around 25% ownership of current shares at the three year mark.
3. Base Earn-In. There is no upfront base (true co-founder) but once revenue reaches a certain level you may elect to reduce your share of revenue in lieu of a base salary to not exceed $200K/year.
4. Dividends. Once profitability is reached you would quality for dividends according to your company ownership at that time.
5. Exit Payout. We would target an exit in the 3-5 year mark for around $20M so if you earned your shares and no additional stock issued then your payout would be $5 million.
*The above is not a compensation offer, all aspects of the compensation plan will be governed by the actual written compensation and shareholder agreements.
Silicon Valley / Palo Alto / San Francisco - We will provide a modern, well-equipped office in an agreed location amenable to hiring the core team over time.
Send your resume in confidence to hr [at] ceoventures.com (no calls please).
Keywords: President, Chairman, CEO, Chief Executive Officer, VP of Marketing, VP of Sales, Director of Marketing, Director of Sales, Director of Corporate Development, Tech Startup, Founder, Technology, San Francisco, San Jose, Palo Alto, Stanford, San Mateo, Cupertino, Menlo Park, Redwood City, Mountainview, Sunnyvale, Santa Clara California CA.